Wokha Town Baptist Church was established in the year 1919 by a handful of believers at ‘Wokha Station’ (present Wokha Town). It is located at Tsumang Colony, in the heart of Wokha Town. It is the largest Baptist church in Wokha district of Nagaland. The church building as it stands today was dedicated in the year 1994 ahead of the Platinum Jubilee the same year.
The main church of Wokha Town Baptist Church is also known by the name – “Mother Church“. There are other sector churches built in and around Wokha Town to cater to the needs of believers in Wokha Town.